Thread: Microscan Products

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Microscan Products

For those of us not blessed with the luxury of remote central locking or electric windows ie. me , I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any of Microscan's Products namely keyless entry and electric windows:

£79.95

£89.95

Or would Vauxhall be able to fit genuine vauxhall central locking/electric windows, price etc.
    Any info would be greatly appriciated.
    Thanx.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Thats the sort of thing we fit to cars as a aftermarket option.

We fit "SPAL or Sempel" whichever they call themselves and they seem to work very well.

Can't comment on other makes but in the picture those central locking motors look like ones we tried that were usless.

If the MK4 hasn't got locking it is usually wired up for it with all the connectors that you can adapt to fit a aftermarket kit like this
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The leccy window kits are not good quality, will prob have to re-replace them every other year (i've fitted a few sets so should know ).
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    likewise, although good value for money, I can safely promise you that the central locking kit is also pants, and will go out of synch after a few months! The CL kit is also a real pain in the arse to fit!

I could almost promise you that you have the loom in your doors for CL and leccy windows.

Just get all the bits from a scrappy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I fitted the Microscan CL kit to my wife's Corsa. Piece of p1ss! I guess it depends on the model of car on how hard they are to fit. It's been on the car for nearly 4 years without any trouble, barring one linkage which needed retightening this year (probably down to not being tightened correctly in the 1st place ops: )

Leccy window kits can be a real pain to fit, you need to ensure the flexy steel tubes from the motor drive to the original winder are layed out properly, as tight turns and kinks make the motors struggle and the action is jerky. I fitted a Spal kit to my Nova a few years back, hard job to fit all the extra wiring in neatly on a car without a multiplug in the door (with a multiplug, there is usually a ruck of free space in the connector, which can be drilled to feed the wiring loom through )

The leccy window kits are never as good as the OEM windows, as they don't fit direct to the window lift mechanism. They actually drive the original regulator, which adds to the amount of mechanics that are in the workings (more to go wrong!)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a Microscan alarm, a talking one....!

It as fine but the siren stopped working - i sent it back and they replaced it no quibbles.

At the end of the day you DO get what you pay for, as these guys say just shoot down to the scrappy and pick some bits up from there.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had one of those talking ones too!! - mine never went wrong and scared old ladies.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine was fine util the local kids realised and decided to start kicking the car to set it off

I got back from the pub one night an caught them at it, they just laughed nad ran off, i sat hiding outside for ages for the next few nights with a baseball bat, the little bleeders never came back lol.