Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the piccies of the new Astra dash?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone see the piccies of the new Astra dash?

Just wondering if anyone saw the piccies in the paper last week of the new Astra's dash. It looks like the new Vectra's. Huge Cd player which I'd imagine you'd be hard pushed to fit an after market head unit to due to it looking like it takes 2 din slots.

The rest of it looked ok, sort of black/grey and brushed alloy, very much again like the new Vectra.

Personally I think it's a backward step, the current dash looks fine, a little cosmetic work on it and it would be perfect.

Maybe if someone had a piccie from another source they could put it up here and let others take a look, it wasn't my paper so I couldn't keep the piccie.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Finish looks quite good think I like it
    The Astras interior has been crying out for a bit more appeal. Looks well built
    Havent seen it in life yet yho...
    Vauxhall Astra GTE 16v 1990

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks much better in colour. Still don't like the CD player arrangement though. Can't see how you could upgrade that unless the aftermarker start producing special HU's and that would probably mean expense.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    There are companies out there that make blanking plates for most car's with odd shapped head units. They already do them for the corsa and omega, not sure if the new vectra has the same sized radio.
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really like that interior

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like it, esp with the 6.5" screen in the top but wud rather have a std size stereo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I love the look of that interior. Love all the brushed alu. Looks cool. All it needs is some red leather ... which I'll be adding if I get the H!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The MK4 dash is a bit of a blast from the past. DIN units are no longer good, so I hope the MK5 dash is an improvement over mine. I see a TFT screen and other dash mounted goodies

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely Raven the next letter AFTER G is H not F

Got to agree though there are some nice touches on the new dash. Looks miles better in colour than it did in B&W. Still don't like the CD player though

Another point, this is probably a top of the range model, it has a GPS system like the top model G's. Would this mean the TFT screen would be smaller on lower end models?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My mind must have been on another world Monday morning ... what made me write F???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast