Thread: Viper Induction and 18s

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Viper Induction and 18s

alright guys, here's one for u. I've just purchased a Viper induction kit, i'm thinkig of fitting it this weekend.without knowing too much about the mechanics of it all, where would people take the air intake from? Is it okay just to use the one currently set up above the radiator or should i try elsewhere. I also have an Ecotek valve in the car, could this cause n e problems? and has n e 1 else got this set up?

My 2nd question is that i have recently purchased a set of 18s. I currently have it on my std irm. springs. Is it okay to lower it on some Eibachs and will i need to upgrade n e thing else?? Damps for exx.

cheers guys

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you lower more than 40 mill you will need uprated dampers too.

The better the air feed you get the better it will be. a heat shield would also help and some nice fat piping

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Viper Induction and 18s

Quote Originally Posted by brad
    where would people take the air intake from? Is it okay just to use the one currently set up above the radiator or should i try elsewhere.
    Personally I wouldn't bother with that. Rip it out and get some air intake tubing with a nice trumpet, big as poss. Take it from the airdam on the front bumper as far away from anything hot eg radiator (hence why the OE part isnt worth a shit). The colder the air the denser it is so the faster is will help the fuel burn.

I also have an Ecotek valve in the car, could this cause n e problems?
    It shouldn't do as all the Fuel valve does is force air into the fuel line causing a slight over fuel. But getting it all set up professionally on the rollers wouldn't go a miss and you will then reap the full benefits of your purchases.

My 2nd question is that i have recently purchased a set of 18s. I currently have it on my std irm. springs. Is it okay to lower it on some Eibachs and will i need to upgrade n e thing else?? Damps for exx.
    As long as you aren't going for a drop greater then -40 you won't really run into any problems shocks wise...can't comment about trouble with 18s coz I'm set to find out for myself when mine turn up...hopefully before Trax lol.

Let me know how you get on with all of the above.

Sy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico
    a heat shield would also help
    Viper induction kits are made with carbon fibre mate so thats not really needed.

Sy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys that was really useful, like i say, my main concern is the affect having both the ecotek valve and induction kit together. Good luck with the 18s, i'll tell you how i get along with mine, there currently sitting in the house waiting to be put on the car, need to sort the induction kit out 1st. Hopefully i'll see you guys at traxs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how much should you pay to get teh car set up on the rollers when all you have changed is the induction and also exhaust, whats a reasonable price and is it worth the money?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Average is about £40 an hour.

You can run the mods with out it and not really notice much difference...and well personally I'd go for that option at least until I could get a re-mappable chip fitted and get everything set up in one go.