Thread: Nead some legal advice

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nead some legal advice

This aint about cars, its about a mobile phone.

To put you in the picture my bills aint been ariving :? i aint had one for 4 months now and every time i have to phone up to find out how much is coming out my account. They say they will send out a copy and they never arive either. I even changed the billing address incase it was the post man.

This has happend a couple of times earlier in the contract but seems to be constant now.

All my bills have been around the £40-£60 mark, but this time on the phone she tells me that its £120 :shock: . And yes no bill as usuall

I dont remember using it any more than usual. However i did send in my 30 day notice as my contract is at an end and i will NOT be re-newing with them, thought this might have something to do with it.

Anyway should i cancel my direct debit and tell them that they wll get paid once i get a bill (this one in piticular) to scrutinise?

The company is singlepoint 4u, anyone else had problems?

HELP
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i`d say cancel direct debit if they can`t be bothered to send a bill then tuff on them the bills are mean`t to be sent to you so you have records of what you pay cancel and your probably find you will get the bill in the next couple of days i would cancel and ring them and tell them that you have cancelled and you will pay in cash when you are in receipt of the bill
    and they can back date all the bills you should have had so ask them for them too while your at it as long as you tell them what you are doing and ask for the person on the phones name then they can`t add to bill for non payment or something silly like that not sure if this makes sence but cancel

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have heard of other people who have trouble with Phones 4u, the problem is they actually take you the line rental for you on a business account then bill you seperatly, so you never have a tarrif that the mobile company you subscribe to actually does.

I would go to you bank with a letter stating that you want to cancel your direct debit ( ithink they require a letter) then write to Single point UK and say that you want all previous bills, get any that you are missing and say that after looking through them that you will pay what you owe. I would check the bills as well to make sure no dodgy numbers or double billing has occured.

Also email watchdog or the citizen advice peopel to ask them what they rekon.

Good luck

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Outrageous!

Cancel the cash right away...

Who are you with???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just call into the bank or call the 24 hour telephone banking service (if you're registered) and ask to cancel the d/d. The bank doesn't need a letter. But as Vauxy says, when you phone Singlepoint, it may sound trivial but take a note of the employees FULL name (you're not picking on them or trying to get them into trouble, but it always helps if you find you have to contact Singlepoint again).

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers folks, done the bank thing already and i will phone single point soon

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wait till they phone you and ask where your money is.
    Then tell em your not paying until you get an itemised bill.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I should do that but you know what these companys are like, one sniff of not getting their money and they put you on the bad credit list

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Single point 4U is utter c**p!. I had to argue with them every month to get the bill right. The icing on the cake was when they took the last payment- they took the payment for another month after the contract was cancelled and it took 3 phone calls to get it back. I was told that it would be refunded as a matter of course but never was, I was then told that I had to request a refund. Bunch of A**eholes. And phones 4U insisted to me that they were not both the same company! some how, I think not! Screw them! Cancel your direct debit and tell your bank not to allow them to set up another because they tried that to me but I beat them to it!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldn`t personally just wait for them to call you for the cash i would ring them and tell them you want all previous bills and this one and then they will be paid as otherwise they might slap late payment charges etc

and if they say they can`t send you old bills thats bollocks i run catologes and i could ring up today and asked for a copy of my stsement for february 2000

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young