Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Toyota Corolla T-sport...

Brother-in-law's just bought one!

And I must say what a very nice car it is too. Very solid, nice interior, good gadgets and absolutley flys!!!!!

189bhp at 7800rpm, 140mph. Was pushing an Impreza down a dual carridge way yesterday, he was trying (told us so at the lights - where he turned right), caught him napping I think and only up to about 110 where we both backed off due to traffic - but he defo didn't pull away.

Really impressed with it.

Anyone else been in one??
    ... indicators do not give you right of way!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the Corolla is a bit of a let down on the styling and handling side. My turbo will beat one in the mid range (there's quite a few T-Sports in our works car park for some reason )

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was very close to buying the Corolla T.

It just looks sooooooo bland, the sort of car that you'd forget where you parked it

They do move well though, and the brakes actually do a good job of stopping you as well.

189bhp from a 1.8vvti power unit is quite an acheivement without the use of blowers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The VVTi and VTEC was what steered me away from getting the Corolla or the Civic Type R. I couldn't thrash a car everyday to enjoy it. With the Astra it'll pootle along below 4000 rpm everyday and still keep up with most things. The Corolla is definitely bland in the styling.

When I went to the Toyota dealers to look at one I walked straight past a dark coloured T-Sport to ask the salesman if they had any in stock for a test drive ops:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That seems like a lot of power for a car that on paper is slower to 60 than mine... I'm sure there's probably more to it than that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think they are quite nice, but a bit expensive.

Although my coupe beat one the other day. Don't know whether he was trying, but he was quite close.
    Polar Sea Blue MK4 Astra 5 Door

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The power output from the Corolla is a bit of a misinterpretation of the performance. It comes in very high up the rev range. Check out the torque figures from the Astra vs the Corolla and they are about 30-40 lb different. Torque is (as I seem to be saying all the time ) is what gets the wheels turning

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought they were quite bland as well at first, but now I've seen a few times its growing on me - very subtle, although the generous rear spoiler and fat tailpipe lend to its 'quiet' nature, wheels should be bigger though!

Agree about the driving techinique, all that top end power just gives you a headache eventually (ever driven a Integra Type R, or Civic Type R), and can catch you out when you're not in the power band, whereas a more an engine with more torque would have pulled out a sizeable gap.

And, Toyota's reputation for reliability is taking a big bashing, so far (its 3 months old!!!) its had, new engine mounts (vibration from engine bay), new drivers seat (collapsed), and ECU re-programmed, plus a load of little niggly things.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fastra, but Astra has had its fair share of problems as well....

Mind you I don't mind giving it a bit of revs... run it in, then give it the good ol' Mobil 1 and you can rev the tits out of it all day and night and still love you the next morning.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep, you're quite right mate!

But mines not been too bad really, just an adjustment on the gear linkage and thats been it so far - touch forehead!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast