Thread: Back Black panel mk3

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Back Black panel mk3

Ok I have decided that I dont want that black bit on the back of my mk3 anymore. Does it just come straight off or do i need a bodu shop to do something?
    Howellsy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i removed mine on sunday so i shud be able to help bear with me i'll write up what i had to do :

ok,u will need a star ky u can get them in most screwdriver sets is just a lil bit liike a star shape , open boot and unscrew the backpanel to expose the boot lock. u will see the lock it shud have two bolts holding it into the boot u need to undo these . then put the boot down being very careful not to shut it else u might not get back in ! now u have removed the bolts the hatch panel is just held on with clips so get something maybe a flathead screwdriver behinf it and prise it off , mind ur paintwork though it seems tough but it will come off i snaped the back bit on mine but if u dont want it anymopre it dont matter, i was left with clips still on the car after i pulled it off , again just prise them off , only prob is u will be left with lil bits stiking out with hold each of the plastic clips onto the boot.

Hope it helps , anymore questions just ask !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you don't want it, can I have it as a test piece for a plan I have, can pick it up at on of the meets we are bother going to?? as im in no hurry.
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say