Astra-Sport Disclaimer - Please note that this is a guide only and Astra-Sport take NO responsibility for any damaged caused to yourself or vehicle whilst using this guide. If you are unsure how to do something leave it to the professionals. Your Insurance and warranty might be invalidated if this modification is done.
Thanks To SmellyTofu for the ' ' :
'How to' remove the orange diffuser from your MFD (Mk4 Post MY02)
NOTE: This mod is for all Astra built post-Oct 2001 inclusively. You will need the white diffuser from a pre '02 spec Astra to be able to do this modification. Otherwise this will be quite a useless exercise. This "how to" will start assuming you have your MFD (Multi Function Display) removed from the car. Also this is a cheaper way than using LEDs as a form of changing the colour of the MFD by using plastic sleeves over the 2x12V/2W bulb which lights this unit up.
- Observe the plastic tabs that need to be lifted on both sides.
- Now compress the clips holding the MFD to the front black casing.
- VERY CAREFULLY lift up the tab holding the LCD screen. Damage to the connections will result in missing letters from the screen!!!
- The rubber seal may also stick to the LCD so be careful and slowly pry that off the LCD screen.
- Now you can see the orange diffuser. There are tabs on both sides that you need to lift up and also in the middle where it also held the LCD.
Note that the bulbs & white diffuser itself are not shown but is the same shape as the orange diffuser in the picture, only it is white.
- Installation is the reversal of this procedure.
* Apologies for not making the first version clear enough
Result: (With green sleeve over the bulb)
* Special thanks for Ashley2001 for the donation of this broken MFD shown