Thread: sxi suspension questions

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sxi suspension questions

im picking up a set of 17's this week from a mate, so i thought id ask a few questions im not too sure about

i have been told the sxi comes as standard with sports suspension is this true?

also is it lower than normal astra g's? someone told me it is and when i drive by one it seems to be. how much lower is it if this is the case

and due to this will it look fine on 17's or will it look like its on stilts without further lowering?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it 20mm lower than standard!

but i dont know what it looks like with 17s post me a pic when you got them on!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    17 Inch rims look lost on an Astra G car you would be better off lowering it more, 18 Inch rims go on the G without rubbing.I am not sure if your car is lower than a standard G? I fit is then I wonder if mine is, I have an Astra sport. Look at all the room on my car with 17 inch rims, I also have 45 profile tyres.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the sxi is already 20mm lowered on the standard springs. which means if you get 40mm springs it will only lower it a further 20mm. (important to know)

Ive got an sxi on 18s and it does sit kinda high at times which is why I'm entering this group buy to get 60front/40rear springs

however my mate's got an sxi (20mm) on the standard 16"s and once hes got 3-4 folk in it, the rear wheels disappear into the arches.

so to answer ur question, I think most ppl will lower the car on 17s (safe enough) its up to you, decide for urself once the wheels are on.

btw if u DO lower it, check out the group buy for springs! save urself some cash.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what you gotta watch though, this is what i noticed, is that the sxi/sri wheels and tyres are exactly the same size as an 18" wheel on a 35 profile tyre, i had mine next to each other, this is where i have a question would buying 17" rims with tyres be smaller than the normal wheel and tyre thus making more arch space, if any of that makes sence let me know
    YOUR FRIENDLY WINDSCREEN MAN

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had 4 of my mates in the car and i have a heavy ice install too.

on the standard 16's it was rubbing over bumps which is why i dont really want to lower it.

i suppose ill have to get the rims on and see what i reckon.

mark i get what ur sayin, if thats right then im a bit stuck cos i cant afford the rubber on 18's maybe higher profile tyres on 17's?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah that would work my sxi's had a 50-55 i think, you could do that on the 17's i suppose it would fill up the arches
    YOUR FRIENDLY WINDSCREEN MAN