Thread: Not encouraging for the site

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Not encouraging for the site

Well we would just like to say that the lack of interest in showing at the most well known show in England (Trax) is disappointing to say the least.

We had the opertunity to show other clubs and car owners what astra-sport is all about from slightly modded to heaverly modded astras.

We did have 40 cars on this list untill details were released and the stand was booked now we only have 20 confirmed. Shame really.

Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When is it on? I bet it's far away from me . I have just found the post

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Trax is a massive show and a lot of fun, its one day only on the 7th September (Sunday) its at the famous Silverstone racetrack in Northampton.

its on the 7th mate
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    more details of who is going would be good, Im up for it but I know Ill get lost (driving rom Brist
    ol) + I have to fix my splitter!!!! (any one round bristol fancy spraying it?????

I would like to go but cant go if the cars broke!!!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll probably be in India working !
    Otherwise I'd have loved to commit to Trax.

From what I've heard it is probably the best '1 day' shows of the year.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's on a Sunday I won't be able to make it ,I could have travelled with After_Shock on the way down if it was not on a Sunday.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I could make it, but I have a standard coupe.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't get to know about this site until May of this year, and I've used most of my holiday time from work leaving me two days holiday left until 30th Sept when I get my 26 days back again.

Next year would be different, as I have a fair idea of when shows will be on, so I can keep aside holiday days for attending. I do want to attend these events as I want to meet everyone on this site, and see their cars.

I have to give my workplace a months notice before taking holiday, so I will need good notice as to when shows are on. I think a good idea would be to include a calandar somewhere on this site for all the dates of events in the year. People who are not fully aware of set dates of events can look at this calender at the start of each year to see whats happening. This way events won't just spring up and surprise people who were not aware of them, giving them a months notice or less. I, for one, is pretty new to this scene.

Also, it's not fair people putting their names down for events saying they are coming then later changing their minds. Only put your names down for events if you are definately attending. If you are not sure, then don't put your names down. It's not fair on the organisers who put in a lot of effort to make these events possible for us in AS. People with personal grievance or other serious matters who remove their names from the lists being the only acceptance.

We all need to get more committed to Astra-Sport events and start attending them more. We need to start showing people and other clubs what Astra-Sport is all about. I for one will be committing myself more also.

I want to be apart of Astra-Sport and help make it into a huge success. I'd hate to see AS fall. So lets all knuckle in and make AS big! It's not all about this forum ... Astra-Sport is about the meetings too.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not meaning to step on anyones toes or upset anyone by the above post. I know there are committed people already in AS ... but we need more. It doesn't matter if your car is still standard ... your committment is all that is needed to make AS a huge success!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would go but i stay up in the Glasgow area and would take about a 6 hour drive. Sorry.

any cheap hotels???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast