Thread: Exhaust fitted.....what next?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exhaust fitted.....what next?

Hi, just got a Peco Powerflow exhaust for my SXi, ooks nice but I haven't done anything else to the car. Problem is money is tight, what would be the next mod I could do on a shoestring budget? :roll:
    Midnight Black 1.6 16v SXi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1. De-restrict the air box mate:

http://www.m1gst.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1070

2. And then get a decent panel filter rather than the vaux one, try a PVD one, about 25 notes I think.

3. De badge the car, take off the Vauxhall and the Astra badges on the boot by using a hair dryer to warm the glue and use an old credit card to remove them. Then give it a good wash, possibly using tar remover to get the rest of the glue off. Keep the centre vaux badge there as it leaves 2 holes!

4. Astra Sport stickers on the rear windows!!!

5. Paint the brake calipers? Cheap mod, you can get the paint from halfords or again from PVD. It's a DIY job.. also protects the calipers.

6. Lower the car. Springs alone are not expensive, but with uprated shocks are. Lower than 40mm and you'll need the shocks. Anything else will be ok without, but does put increased wear and tear on the standard shocks. Springs will be well under 100 notes, and will make the car look better and handle a lot better! Try FK, AVO, Eibach etc... again PVD are good for this. Do this at the same time as 6 perhaps??

There you go, you should be able to do all that on around 100 notes!!
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, was thinking of debadging it anyway so might be next on the list....panel filter is what I was thinking to but wasn't sure, will any of this affect me when I take it to the dealer to get serviced and MOT'd next year
    Midnight Black 1.6 16v SXi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It'll all be cool. The only thing to do is tell them when you have a service not to shuv a new panel filter in there, as you've got a decent one.. in fact the service might even be a tenner cheaper as a result
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3