Thread: My car is finally *******!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My car is finally *******!

The ongoing problem with the clutch judder has now gone ping!

Driving home from work and the clutch pedal has gone soft, light as a feather to press and the clutch isn't disengaging properly. I went round the local Vauxhall dealer and said I thought that it was air in the clutch cylinder, as the mechanic had described that symptom the other day. They said they can't bleed them, you have to have a replacement. They also can't fit it, as they don't have to necessary tools.

Rang the main dealer in Chester. Car goes in Tuesday, but they can't say for definite if the job is covered under the warranty, as the car is now 1 year and 12 days (12 ******** DAYS!!) old. Full warranty apparently only lasts for the first year.

TWATS :P

I get a courtesy car when it is in and if I have to pay then the courtesy car is going back in with a burned out clutch, 47 click handbrake and no tread left on any of the tyres

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Steve, sounds like the same problem I just had with mine!! And if it is........................expect little change from £600!!!!!

4 hours labour, new clutch and new slave cylinder!!!! and they take ages to bed in, mines a month old now, and still judders occassionally at 2k rpm!!! need to have it adjusted a wee bit!

Sorry for the bad news!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like I need to be ready to fight for the repair to be done under warranty on Tuesday then :?

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear of your troubles Steve 12 days takes the mick. :?

I thought the full warrenty lasted all three years.

What is covered by the second and third year if that isn't the case ?

Taken from the Vauxhall site ...

Vauxhall Customer Care Commitment
    12 months 'unlimited mileage manufacturer's warranty
    Second and third year no-fee customer option warranty up to 60000 miles from first registration

:?:
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate there taking the piss, i recon all dealers r out to make a quick buck. My cousin bought a ford fiesta and the clutch went a couple of weeks after the warranty expired. He kicked off and caused that much of a fuss that they offered to pay half. I recon. u do the same, what have u got to loose, remember, no guts no glory.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a read of the warranty which was supplied with the car handbook and it doesn't sound too bad. The second and third year warranty basically is the same as the first, but takes into account wear and general depreciation of the vehicle (ie worn out items like brake pads and clutch linings, faded trim and deteriorated paint finish is not covered).

I reckon a catastrophic failure of the clutch mechanism should be covered. If not I'll do my usual and ask to speak to the service manager, then the dealer principal if no luck, then Vauxhall themselves, then their senior vice president for European Markets, closely followed by the Head of Worldwide Operations

Failing that I will be asked to be put through to God and see what he says about it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'd say general wear and tear wouldnt include the clutch commiting suicide! Mine making some weird clicking noises on gear changes....think i'll get it checked out after that bit of info...ta!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I reckon a catastrophic failure of the clutch mechanism should be covered. If not I'll do my usual and ask to speak to the service manager, then the dealer principal if no luck, then Vauxhall themselves, then their senior vice president for European Markets, closely followed by the Head of Worldwide Operations

Failing that I will be asked to be put through to God and see what he says about it
    Sound like you got it covered there steve, you know what to do if you have any trouble tho .
    http://www.nextlevel.pwp.blueyonder....mLogo75pix.jpg
    For low priced Vauxhall/Opel & Irmscher Parts
    Opel Nienhaus, Contact Joerg- j.libuda@opel-nienhaus.de

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I still have my 3 years back-to-invoice insurance to fall back on . Would my driving through the plate glass window of my local dealers new showroom and ramming their VX220 and V220 Turbo into the side of the Zafira GSi they have on display count as a total write off? If so I am buying a Pearl Black GSi Turbo next

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol - that sounds a triffle extreme Steve! :shock:

hope you get it sorted out soon tho - it really should be covered under the warranty, a clutch going after one year really is taking the piss. you shouldnt be expcted to pay for that.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast