Thread: Regal's Air intake replacement pipe for us Turbo owners

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Regal's Air intake replacement pipe for us Turbo owners

I fitted Regal's air intake pipe + eds power pipe start of the week and I also de-restrited the airbox and fitted irmscher grill (thanks to after_shock for the grill). Chris at regal reckons the air intake should create 2psi more boost bringing the standard 8psi upto 10psi, it may be a small figure but it makes a very noticable difference to the car. The power pipe makes the car more responsive to throttle and appears to work better especially when going from full power to backing off then back on again.

My average 0-60 using the cars stop clock is 6.4 at the worst 6.8 and once or twice 6.2, now that have done the above mods I could not believe my eyes when I pulled a 5.9 with an average of 6.1, OK it's not exact but I click go on the clock and then lift clutch and I do it the same way every time so although it is not true timmings I am still knocking 0.3 - 0.4 secs off my 0-60.

I recomend u turbo owners go buy one, £49.99 for the intake pipe.

Look here! http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/Sho...ls.asp?id=3823

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ive got the EDS power pipe, and I saw the intake on Regals Coupe at PVS. So might have to give it a go.

Thanks for the info

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks thinner though - the air intake area might be the same ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I might invest in one of those when I've got the car fixed. I'll use the attack mode on the Greddy turbo timer, that'll give some accurate before and after times for acceleration and I'll post them up.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines running at 12Psi at the moment, and is on average pulling 6.5sec 0-60's. I have however just replaced the intake pipe with some flexi ducting. Cheap, and rather than ending flat and compressed, it just ducts directly to the grille area. Makes more sense IMO. £50 for abit of plastic is alot of money !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    theres a cheaper way......drill big holes all along the front of the pipe i think you can get about 3 done

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had similar times in my 888. With K&N57i and Power Pipe I have managed to do a 6.4, mainly 6.5 and sometimes 7.

I may de-restrict the original airbox and put that back on with the Ramair panel.

Regal have got good power without removing Airbox so I suppose it may be best to keep it on.

The only thing is that the RR figure I got was 235bhp with the 57i. Regal need to install Phase 1 to get that power, so is the std airbox a bottleneck or not ?

But then again, if someone's 0-60 time are significantly improved by ducting more air into the original airbox then surely that must be the way to go ...?

Regds

Mantamagic

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The replacement pipe from Regals, just opens up the intake size for the OE airbox intake. The pipe is similar dimensions, just bigger opening. I replaced my intake pipe with some flexible ducting, jubilee clipped it to the airbox, and ran it to the same feed point as standard. The bogger opening allows for more air to be captured, hence more going in. Chris at Regals told me to keep the OE airbox, but de-restrict it, and add a panel filter. Done all that and it is part and parcel of me making more power.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Regals Power Pipe

The regal power pipe can't give anymore BHP, Regal claim it stops the pipe compressing under boost, well under boost the pipe is under positive pressure so it can't compress.

IMO I think they are a gimik, I did try a friends on my Zafira, all I found this that as it is static, it just pulls on the intercooler, I know they are attached by flexible hose at each end but it does not flex with those parts than the original.

My friend has taken his off his Turbo Coupe as it has split the connector pipe near the plenum twice.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Hello Matt fancy seeing you here
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast