Thread: HELP

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HELP

A 1.8 SRI G is going through auction tomorow which i am interested in and i was wondering if anyone can post some advice on faults to look for, baring in mind i will only have bout 5 mins to look under the bonnet and check things over while the car is running but should have a fair bit of time to check the exteria of the car, i will try and get in the drivers seat and drive it to see if clutch is slipping but i will be pushing it a bit, so if you could post any faults to look for inside and outside i will be very greatfull, and also if you could post a rough repair price if a fault you bring up is on the car as it wont have any warrenty.

Car Spec:

W reg, registerd in May 2000
    1.8 SRI
    3 Door
    Black
    52k on the clock.

Also will it have the later 125 BHP engin rather than the 115 BHP and is there an engine code to confirm which 1.8 engine it is?

Cheers.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the gaps between the panels and bonnet etc.
    Make sure the gap is even, if it's not then it may have been in an accident and poorly repaired.

Also check the tyre wear, very uneven wear could point to suspension problems.

Can't think of anything else.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    might be common sense, but try and study all the panels on the car in good light to make sure they are the same shade/colour (not a dodgy respray or new panels from crash).
    Also check the mechanisms of the fixtures, everything from controls operating fine to doors/boot/bonnet opening smoothly (not dropping down a bit, catching on body or wiggling loose)

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    check the seats work properly fold foward do not squeek, the lumba support is working.

Make sure none of the bulbs have gone. Put all the lights on and all the electrics on and check them all. Some astras have wiring loom problems. Most are fixed under warrenty but obviously you will not be able to. If a fog light is not working that will be the first sign.

Check tyre ware is even...just to make sure it hasnt been smashed up curbs and things.

Can not think of anything else sorry.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members