Thread: Insurance Declarations

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Insurance Declarations

I want to have an Irmscher gear knob and hand brake lever and I'm wondering whether I have to declare these to my insurance company or do they just count as optional extras. I'm with Norwich Union Direct. :?:

Cheers!
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with Norwich Union myself. They had no problems with my alloy wheels. They seem very fine to me. Best bet would be to declare it. I don't think it will affect your policy in anyway. I'll be declaring everything, just to be on the safe side.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I told my insurance broker that I had the Irmscher grill and rear lights from Vauxhall, they said it was an optional extra, not a mod, so the insurance was the same.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have declared my grill which they weren't interested in but charged me an extra £75 for my alloys which are the Turbo ones so I figured they would be optional extras but obviously not.

However they told me that NUD wont insure any car with more than three modifications, so I might be looking to change company. :?
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Have just changed to Tesco they quoted me £449 fully comp and I told them about all my mods.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Give CIS a try laura!

They don't charge extra for mods as long as they don't affect the performance

I sent them a letter the other week listing mine and they were great about it.They only give you back origional parts though unless you tell them otherwise and they would most likely charge then...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMinx
    I have declared my grill which they weren't interested in but charged me an extra £75 for my alloys which are the Turbo ones so I figured they would be optional extras but obviously not.

However they told me that NUD wont insure any car with more than three modifications, so I might be looking to change company. :?
    Ask Norwich Union about their 'Club' insurance, as I'm on that and on my old car I had a bucketload of mods (big alloys, big ICE, big brakes blah blah blah). The alloys probably come under the 'plus 1' rule that a lot of insurance companies seem to use now. My missus has 15s on her Corsa B and this was a real hassle, as a lot of insurers weren't going to touch the car (14's were the maximum 'optional' upgrade size). I am guessing that SXi's run 15s as standard?

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Mines an SRi so had 16s as standard.

By Club insurance I'm guessing you mean if you're part of the VxlScc etc
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mk4
    Give CIS a try laura!

They don't charge extra for mods as long as they don't affect the performance

I sent them a letter the other week listing mine and they were great about it.They only give you back origional parts though unless you tell them otherwise and they would most likely charge then...
    When I joined with CIS, the rep told me the mods were fine and I could have up to 10bhp engine mods free too! + any over 25driver on the named policy free too! but he didnt say anything about only giving back standard parts?! I've got an agreed value if I write it off (£15000) but if i prang the front end, will they only pay to get a standard bumper fitted?!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    15K?! What yo drivin a turbo? lol

That's what i was told about the parts mate! Best ring em an ask..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast