Thread: Koni Yellow + Eibach Prokit tuning

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Koni Yellow + Eibach Prokit tuning

In a short while, I'll get my little hot hands on some Koni yellows (adjustable). I was wondering what settings did you guys find a good medium between performance and ride?

I also run 16" SRi wheels on 205/50R16 & Eibach 30mm prokit.

I just don't want to take out the rear shocks to adjust them everytime I feel I need a softer or stiffer rebound.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In the past I've had an adjustable set up on a car. On FWD cars you need to aim to stiffen the back end of the car, to load the rear tyres more. If the road surfaces are rough though, this can make the car 'skittery'. On good roads the idea is to transfer more load to the back suspension in cornering, to induce less understeer. If you have height adjustment then a slightly nose down attitude (we're not talking drag racer style) will help to give more controllable oversteer, allowing you steer the car better on the throttle, balancing the car and compensating out the tendency of FWD cars to understeer everywhere

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On my Konis I have 3 out of 6 on the front, and 5 out of 6 on the back, 6 bring the stiffest. Must admit the car now is pretty lively, but doesn't squat when you nail the throttle !

Can become a little tail happy in a tight corner though, just takes getting used to I suppose !

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just dug up this.

Lord Nick,

What springs are you running with those Koni's.
    Did you set the rears like that at first without running them in soft first.

SmellTofu, i'm asking the same as you did, with exact same Eibachs/Koni's and tyre size. If your reading what did you set them 2 in the end.