Thread: Door panel removal

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Door panel removal

Just fitted some irmscher door pins that I got from PV2003 by just removing the old ones. Prob is doing it this way leaves the allen key holes visible cos you have to leave them clear to tighten them up. The pins will sit lower than that though so I presume if I take the door panel off I'll be able to make them a little lower?

Looked in Haynes manual and it tells me that I need to disconnect the battery (cos of airbag) if I want to play about with the front doors. Are they just saying that to cover themselves or for some stupid reason could the airbag actually go off (don't have side bags)?! Can't think why

Would disconnect battery just in case but might screw with my clifford alarm? Yeah I know the allen holes aren't that big a deal but little things like that bug me!

Info would be appreciated, cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can't sit the door pins any lower as the rubber rings around the top of them will get trapped in your door panel making it difficult for the door to unlock.

But to answer your question, yes they are just saying that to cover there own backs. Just make sure your ignition is switched off when removing the switch wires on the back of the panel.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I removed by door panel to fit these and mine sit lower than the allen bolt, just so the rubber meets the door panel. Looks better that way as they look quite long otherwise.
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive removed mine completly.just put a grommit in the hole that stretches around the hole nicely looks much better.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just checked and they seem to clear the rubber fine on the back doors but just meets in the front ones for some reason?! looks like it'll be ok so I'll try it (mine seem more rounded than usual, so wonder if they've changed design a bit?)

Cheers