i took my light switch out last night to change the bulbs to blue led's to match the rest of the car. i did it with two small screwdrivers like it shows in the haynes manual, easy to get out really.
How To (if you haven't already done it !!)
1. pull nob out (i mean the light switch !!)
2. insert a small flat screwdriver into the slot in the bottom,
3. push the scwerdriver up and the nob will gently pull off.
4. insert a small flat screwdriver into the slot on the right hand side of to hole ( where nob was) slide the screwdriver behind the facia, there is a metal spring clip with a small hole in it, lever this out a bit(easy to do once you find the clip ) leave screwdriver in hole to stop the clip going back in
5. do the same on the other side.
6. the module will now pull out, bit fiddly to get out (i used a larger flat screwdriver in the same holes as the clips to lever the module forward.
7. remove module, insert four small flat screwdrivers in the back, one aout 5mm from each corner on the back of the module.
8. use another small flat screwy to lever the back off ( fiddly as ****, didn't even mark the plastic this way, you'll see if you do it)
9. pull module apart.
10. remove orange led @ the top of the module with pliers, screwey, side cutters . . . . . chainsaw (wont un-solder, resistance welded into place )
11. solder on new led ( on mine the resistor went to the left hand contact as you look into the module)
12. remove bulb holder, remove bulb from it (using a screwdriver to peel the legs off the contacts)
13. insert new led and resistor, bend legs over contacts, solder onto contacts.
14. Put modded bulb holder in , put part module back in, check it works
15. take module back out, put module back together
16. put back in.
and the bottom switches ( fogs, headlight high adjusters, dimmer switch) don't light up !!!!!!!!!!! any suggestions lads ???? when i plugged the module back in without the front on, turned the lights on, the led lights up , doesnt light the switches up with the front on though ????!!!
so any suggestion why they dont light up ??
any suggestions how to get them to light up ??
anyone else found this ????????????