Thread: Your opinions needed.....

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Your opinions needed.....

While it is still very fresh in your minds what would you like to see more of or differant or less of. with regards to the AS stand at the next event??What did you think worked what did you think didnt, dont worry about upsetting us it is the first one we have done and its a big lerning curve!! :?

Suggestions we have had so far are:

A table with a member of AS on at all times throughout the show (take it in turns) so that people can ask questions and get information.

T-shirts with logo on and names so you know who you are talking too which will also help advertising. Or maybe a picture of the owner of the car with there spec sheet in the window??

Anymore advice or help would be appriciated....the better we get the stands the better we come across to future members.

Thanks in advance

Mat and Rob
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mat
    all you need to get more advertising and more publicity is this;

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Matt,

As a first one I think it was pretty good. I had made up a spec sheet for mine and Diddies. If you want I can do one for all of the cars for Trax. If the relevant people Mail me a spec of mods, a couple of pics they would like to use, and which model their car is based on then it is easy enough. Could include a Username on there aswell if you want for our own sake really.

Maybe another bit of cover for the centre, there were people who could have done with some shade yesterday (not to sure about trax in spet though !)

The number plate covers were a good idea, each car needs front and back IMO (appreciate cost involved) just finishes them off I think.

T-Shirts aren't a problem if you don't already have them. Mate of mine can get them made up with the logo and a username at minimal cost.

Groups photos are always a good start. Shame everyone didn't get together at some point for one !

Other than that it was a great day, and well organised. If you want to discuss anything out of the main forum then drop me a mail or give us a ring.

Steve

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    adam we had the adult channel girls from the PVD stand on our stand for a while....i would like to show you the pics but i missed it!!!

Cheers to Pete and vicki for that

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    steve i will do mate thankyou agian

The spec sheets were meant to happen i have got all the details i just ran out of time. I agree about the plates and yes it was down to cost in the end. Which reminds me:

I AM MISSING 5 PLATES IF YOU HAVE GOT THEM CAN YOU EMAIL ME TO ARRANGE RETURNING THEM TO ME CHEERS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    ok, who got stopped for having www.astra-sport.co.uk as number plates then
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that was damn good as it was actually. Only things I could think of were

-As has been suggested, some kind of ID would be helpful, in form of badge or t shirt? Done in a cool way so we don't look a bit too (struggling for innoffensive word) obsessed (not quite right cos we are but hope u know what i'm getting at) though?!

-Maybe having layout structured in sections for mk3s, mk4s and coupes? Don't think thats really important but might look more formal? Great the way they were in a ring facing inward though

-Ensuring everyone had the site name in their rear side windows? Some kind of uniform feature would be cool anyway

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was great as it was.

I like the idea of a bigger tent, but then maybe that would take something away from the actual cars!! If you know what I mean. :?

Also, maybe we should of taken it in turns to have our cars in the centre??
    That way everyone would get their 5mins of fame and people could really have a good look at the cars.

Other than that I thought it was a fantastic display.
    And what a location

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What would be good for Trax or any other show after that would be let some of us members take some of the work load off you guys with the organising and running and letting us chip in to expensess. I know you guys set it up and its your baby, but I personaly owe a lot to the site, it introduces us to new freinds, advice on any thing laughs and banter, and I would like to give something back to the site. Help or expensess.

Another shelter for us would be good and previous cars of the months shown in the centre. also little compotion would be good for cleanest car, Distance travelled, car of the stand ect, and little saft prizes for the winners, you know for a laugh.
    And BEER in was gaggin for a pint but the bars was shut. so I need to bring beer for me and Danni next time we come.
    T shirts are a good Idea. our Si did his bit with that I see and It was a good Idea. Tech sheet we should have a set format and type them out our selves before he show so no mistakes could be made.
    But all in all mate for as first stand we had it going on.
    good work lads again

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    our Si did his bit with that I see and It was a good Idea
    No one else?? Cost me £14 and you didn't even notice(I wore it).

Not sure on breaking up the mk4s, coupe, mk3 into groups as it will put a boring uniform onto the stand.

Great idea on car of the month in the middle.

Plates were great(I gave mine back).

Table in the middle is a good way (It did for mig).

The pitch they gave us was excellent, i was expecting a small pich to cram us all in.(Cheers organisers).

Spec sheets will be good next time.

As someone else said, Mat/Rob you need to spread the work load and chill a little more to enjoy your reward(Ment in a good way).

Don't go with the adult channel girls route, its supposed to be a family day, none of that shit last year. No need for PVD to do that.
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast