Thread: EDS Power pipe information???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EDS Power pipe information???

I know that a few people on here have the EDS power pipe on their turbo'ed G's. Did anyone fit these themselves?

I am after information on the diameter of the pipe and if there is anything inside the pipe, like fins to improve the air flow etc. ?

I want to fit the EDS pipe in stainless steel for my G, but the EDS is only available in powder coated steel, my mate has a company which can fabricate in stainless, but I need dimensions. HELP!

Steve

I fitted my Power pipe myself. I believe Regals now do a stainless one, it has Regal sticker on it though, however it looks the nuts !

Don't think there are fins in it to be honest, it is just a straight through pipe from the intercooler to the TB.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate,
    I'll give Regal a bell tomorrow and get a price. Did it improve the engine on your car a lot? I noticed on mine that the original hose does seem to expand a little

The original hoses from the intercooler to the TB is crap - it compresses too easily and can choke the TB. The EDS pipe has a built in feed for a dump valve aswell, so it's easy fitment !

It was the first thing that I changed in mine !

You are after a ...

Engine Upgrades > Astra GSI Turbo, Astra Coupe, Zafira GSI Plain Power Pipe

It sells for £69 on Regals site. Link below is ...

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/Sho...ls.asp?id=3993

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The diameter of the standard pipe is 50mm the EDS power pipe is 60mm.
    Yes it really is a 1.3!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have any of you who have fitted the EDS power pipe noticed any improvement in the car i.e. fuel, power ?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have any of you who have fitted the EDS power pipe noticed any improvement in the car i.e. fuel, power ?
    Fitted mine on Sunday at PVS, havent noticed any difference,except the dump valve seems to be a bit louder. I know Lord Nikon and Pete1 also have them. Maybe PM them
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The standard pipe supplied IMO is utter rubbish. too soft and not big enough bore. The EDS PP goes upto 60mm all the way through, nice internal smoothed bend, and built in dump valve connector, makes fitting easy (unless you're at PV !! ) The pipe can now be purchased from Regals in a stainless look, with no powder coating at all.

You will also have to trim the silicon hoses that come with it, be careful not too cut too much off !

I swapped mine within days of car ownership so know any different to what it is with the pipe on. Sorry.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for that info L N

I've looked into powder coating for the pipe and I can get it done locally for either £20 (local firm) or FREE (the firm my Dad works for!) so that isn't a problem.

One last question, does the pipe come with a blank for the dump valve port. I don't want a dump valve on my car, as it seems they make no difference on performance with a standard(ish) spec and I work shifts, so it would just attract unwanted (Police) attention in the early hours

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can blank it off Steve!
    A_Turbo (Andy) has one on his Cab. and the last time I saw it he didn't have a dump valve.
    Ask Regal if they can supply you with anything!
    Yes it really is a 1.3!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast