Thread: How to get a good service?!?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How to get a good service?!?

ok so my first service is tomorrow and i'm a little worried about sum slap dash vauxhall monkey mechanic bodging my cars service. :?

I remember someone saying about putting markings on various parts of the car to trick the dealership into thinking that the car was under the observations of trading standards?? Hopefully resulting in them doing a very good job on the car?!? haha

Any help appreciated...cheers

...and btw its tomoz at 11am so make it snappy! haha

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm at a loss, whats a camshaft?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmm, think you've replied to the wrong thread mate :?

...is that a Noble M12 GTO in ya sig? there's one of them in blue going around near me at the moment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nah I was trying to imply I have no knowledge of engines and services and stuff, and you're spot on about the sig

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh rite lol...gotcha now, feelin tired see!

mmmmmmm noble M12 GTO!! sweeeeeeet haha. They sound fecking awesome!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On your 1st service(I guess you mean 12k) they will do:

Oil change
    Oil filter change
    Possibly change Particle filter (I recommend doing)
    Check over car underneath
    Top up all levels
    Check coolant(yer right)
    Check Battery/Alt(again yer right)

No wheels will come off, and they will only check the brakes through the wheels.

I'm not saying this is what I do, it's just about right for the 1st service though.
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers NRJ

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a couple of tips i used when my car went in for a service and the cambelt/pully's/rollers changing : -

1. i drew a black dot on the panel filter and oil filter with a permi marker, this is how you can prove that they havent changed them ! they changed both.
    2. i drew a red dot on the cambelt, pullies and all other bits what they said they were gonna change, they changed them all.
    3. i checked all the brakes, shockers and tire pressures and wrote them down, rear offside brake cylinder was slightly weaping when i checked it, they found it and changed it under warranty.
    4. the oil was just under half way when it went in, over the top mark when it came back, kicked off at this and they drained some out till it was just under the top mark.
    5. checked water / coolant, put a pencil mark on the bottle at the water line, it was over the origional line, and over the MAX mark when it came back. doesnt really matter about this cause i think there is an overflow pipe ??
    6. off side brake light was out when it went in, they changed it , no charge, suckers !!

so all in all, give your car a good once over checking everything and noting down / marking any relevent things and check it when you pick it up.

i went through all this trouble cause my mate got ripped off at perrys and i don't appreciate grease monyeys trying to take the piss out of me!!

i only had a few problems : -

1. they rang me up at 10.30am, to tell me that they found the rear cylinder to be leaking. bear in mind that they told me to drop it off at 8 and pick it up at 12 !
    2. they rang me up at 11.am and said that they had stripped down the cam belt and the water pump looked like it was leaking, a little anti freeze around the seal, bullshit, i checked it nothing wrong with it, not used any water since oct when i bought the car. they changed it under warranty.
    3. they rang me up at 11.45 am, we havent got something in stock, will get one for another branch, can pick car up at 4.00.
    4. went at 4.00pm to pick it up, oil all over the carpets, airbox lid loose and too much oil in.
    5. waited 45min for then to clean the car, drain some oil out and change a clip on the air box.

you lot will probably say that im paranoyed, but like i said before i dont appreciate grease monkeys trying to take the piss, and as im young ( 18 ) they probably see me as an easy target to rip off, I DON'T THINK SO SOME HOW, i know more about cars and how garages work than they could possibly imagine.

After to 2nd phone call, i got annoyed and decided that i was going to check it there and then in front of them when i picked it up. i was getting loads of evil looks and stuff, but they can go swivel for all i care !!!!!!!

sorry for the long post, but hope it helps.
    If at first you don't succeed . . . . . . CHEAT !!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol@wiggy

Were you wearing your pipe and slippers.

We hate people like you, once you've left everyone has a good laugh at your expense, sorry
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just bought my car, thought i'd go to a vauxhall dealer, and they cocked it up, didn't fit the rocker cover back on properly. I've decided to give it to my local garage that i've been giving it to for years, at least i can trust em and they're competant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast