Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headlamp bulb replacements ...

Hi folks

I'm thinking of changing the headlamp bulbs in my coupe to something a bit more powerful.

Was thinking of the Phillips Philips Blue Vision UltraBlue or Visionplus. Has anyone done this ??? Any feedback/advice gratefully received.

Also, am I right in thinking the Astra headlamp buld is H7 ? Anyone know what the sidelamp bulb is ?

Thanks for your help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Side lamp bulb is push in type, standard normal one.

Never used any of those bulbs myself but have heard good things about all of them.
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blue vision does nothing... I've got a set and it's no major improvement over the stock ones. I'm currently running the Philips All weather bulbs and they look OK. It's a bit dimmer than stock since it's yellow, but it's what it is... yellowish bulbs.

Try going to the Plus 50... apparently they are good but I haven't tried them out to see if they really work.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a set of lamps imported from a guy in Canada. They are similar to the PIAA lamps in the blue/white colour, but a fraction of the price. The ones you want are the HD5 Xenon-Kryptons and you need one pair of H7s and one pair of the 9005s (HB3). They burn at 100watts, but I've never been stopped, as they are blue/white and don't glare like normal 100 watters, so the Police probably think I've got HID lights

Click here to go to the website http://www.dxmarket.com/seebetter

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, ive got a set of the vision plus ones in with standard(as far as i'm aware) sidelights....and....there worth every penny....they go about 1.5 times further, but the road is MUCH better lit up

Definatly worth it if u do a lot of night time out of town drivin, cost me £30, quite a bit for headlights tho...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try some candles

yes i always try to be a funny fu**er

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The ones you want are the HD5 Xenon-Kryptons and you need one pair of H7s and one pair of the 9005s (HB3). They burn at 100watts, but I've never been stopped, as they are blue/white and don't glare like normal 100 watters, so the Police probably think I've got HID lights
    Ive just emailed them to order a set as I do not have a paypal account, Really helpful guy. He's gonna get a set to me by the end of next week.
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can someone tell me which type of bulb it is for the bumper lights on the sri hatch?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've tried the VisionPlus and they do seem slightly brighter. They don't last that long though, I got about a year's use from one, the other one went 4 months later. That's just down to the thinner filaments (hence the extra brightness).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jon2099
    I've tried the VisionPlus and they do seem slightly brighter. They don't last that long though, I got about a year's use from one, the other one went 4 months later. That's just down to the thinner filaments (hence the extra brightness).
    Both the Phillips Vision Plus and the Ring Electra Blue lights use a coating on the glass, which has the effect of making the halogen bulbs burn hotter, producing more light. This reduces the life of the filament, Ring even state it on their packaging.

The PIAA bulbs and the XD5s in my car use a mix of gases (Xenon/Krypton) which means they burn cooler, so the coating doesn't seem to burn them out as quick. I had Electra Blue in my old car and went through 4 in 18 months. I had the XD5s in my old car for 18 months and never changed them ever. I even sold them on after, because they wouldn't fit the Astra!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast