Thread: clicky noise..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

clicky noise..

i have a 1.6 sport astra mk4 and on start up there is a clicky noise from the engine bay which sometimes goes after warmin up abit, i read the cracked manifold post and it does sound like the same problem only if i rev it the noise sounds like it gets faster, at first i thought it could be like a cambelt fault or something because of the noise speeding up etc, has n e one else had a prob like that or does any of you know wot it is coz its doing my nut now!!
    thanks in advance :? :? :?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this problem this very week mate. It sounds like the same problem. start up, warming up, horrid clicking noise. I tookj mine back to twells, and it turns out, it had no pissin oil in it! I thought it was my induction kit, but it was the oil. I was just lucky that i didnt score the head!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    more than likely your exhaust manifold. If its got a crack in it, it will click when cold, but the noise disapears when the engine heats up because the metal expands, bridging the gap

simple really

if it needs replacing, (if its cracked, it will do) get a performance item like lexmaul, they usually come in at the same price as the standard Vauxhall one..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i thought it could be the manifold after readin another post about it, it was just the speeding up of the noise that confused me! :? just out of interest do u know roughly how much fitting would be for the manifold, looks like an expensive job

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this problem the other month on my old astra LS, i took it to the garage and they told me it was the waterpump, Which means a new cambelt as well.

Lee

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine does that some times, but if it wobble the plactic rocker cover it stops, think it's the cam belt cover rattlin against it !! that gets faster with revs too, but it's not really that loud have to be on a really quiet road with the windows down or parked up to hear it, it usually lasts about a week before it starts rattlin again!!! only started to do it after perrys changed the cam belt !!!!!!!!
    If at first you don't succeed . . . . . . CHEAT !!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine doesnt make too much of a noise, i mean i can hear it but i am paranoid now i know the noise is there if u know wot i mean :x :x i can only really hear it with the windows down. but from the outside i cant really hear it when driven. i got my missus to drive it round abit to see!
    thanks for all your help
    i suppose i better go to a garage to check it, hope it isnt the manifold tho!!